All of our candles and diffusers are made using best practices. We comprehensively test all our ranges and work closely with Trading Standards to ensure full compliance with regulations. However, it is still extremely important for anyone burning a candle or using a reed diffuser to do so safely, so please follow the guidance below, which will also help to ensure you get the best from your Jique products.
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Do not place candles in a draught.
- Do not place candles near a source of heat.
- Place candles in an upright position.
- Trim wick to about 8mm before lighting.
- Always snuff out the flame, do not blow it out.
- Always use a candle holder.
- Keep the burn pool clear of matches and other debris to avoid flaring.
- Do not move a burning candle.
- Do not remove candle from container.
- Never use liquid to extinguish a candle.
- Do not touch the flame or melted wax: both will be extremely hot.
- Avoid touching the container during or shortly after burning as this will also be hot.
- Burn candles only on level surfaces that are heat resistant.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the container.
- Never burn our candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- After each burn, ensure the wick remains upright, centred and above the level of the wax.
- Extinguish the candle when 5mm of wax remains in the container and do not relight.
- Do not ingest.
- Always handle your diffuser with care and avoid getting any of the contents on your skin or in your eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Contains flammable liquid.
- Do not light reeds.
- Do not ingest.
- People suffering from perfume sensitivity should be cautious when using this product.
- Use gloves when handling used reeds.
- Do not place the diffuser directly onto polished, painted, plastic or leather surfaces or on electrical equipment as accidental spillage may cause damage to certain materials.
To use our diffusers:
- Unscrew the lid and carefully remove the small plastic plug from the glass diffuser bottle.
- Replace the silver coloured lid and insert up to 8 reeds into your diffuser.
- For maximum scent, we recommend using all 8 reeds, but for a more gentle scent, less may be used.
- Place your diffuser out of reach of children and pets and wait for the delicious fragrance to gently meander about your room. This should take an hour or two, but for full effect, please allow up to 24 hours.
- For ongoing fragrance diffusion, we recommend carefully turning your reeds over around once a week, inserting the top end into the glass diffuser bottle. We advise the use of gloves for this.
Like most home fragrance products, some of our candles and reed diffusers contain sensitisers. From 1 June 2015 there is a legal requirement for all candles, reed diffusers and other 'mixtures' sold within the EU to provide detailed information on the packaging of the product and at the point of sale (eg, on the website). This information is known as CLP. View specific CLP information for each of our candles and reed diffusers.